1. In an ovenproof casserole melt 1 tbs of dripping and add the lamb and fry until it is well browned
2. Set the mince aside and in the same pan gently sauté the onion for 10 mins until soft.
3. Add the garlic, oregano & cinnamon and cook for a 2-3 mins then add the tomato puree and return the mince to the pan and cook for 5 mins, stirring to combine
4. Add the stock and passata, bring to the boil and then simmer on a low heat for about an hour, until the sauce has thickened, season with salt and pepper
5. Prepare the aubergines by slicing them lengthways thinly. Sprinkle the slices with salt & leave for 15 mins. Rinse & dry the slices, brush with olive oil and grill until browned
6. Heat the oven to 180ºC and spoon a third of the mince into a shallow overproof dish, top with a layer of aubergine, repeat twice finishing with a layer of aubergine
7. For the topping whisk the eggs & yolks in a large bowl. Heat the cream and cumin in a saucepan & bring to a simmer. Pour onto the eggs whisking all the time, pour back into the saucepan & warm on a low heat then stir in the cheeses
8. Pour the topping over the base and sprinkle with a little more parmesan and bake in the oven for 30mins until the topping has set.